Interesting links for 22nd October
23 October 2008
Some interesting links that have made it to my delicious account today:
The Online Community Cookbook
– I’d forgotten about this but a quick scan through reminded me of what a neat resource this was. Even if the ideas may not fit for you the disscussion richens the mix
The Editorialiste: Andrew Sullivan: “Blogs Herald a Golden Era for Journalism”
– So, blogs are dead are they?
Welcome to EditGroove Software!
– A couple of the edit/video blogs have picked this up. But if you haven’t seen it, Editgroove is a user mnager for FCP
Why it’s worth it to buy decent gear.
– Over on the MediaStorm blog, Bob Sacha defends the quality idea. Do I agree? I’m not saying. But it does illustrate teh diversity of the approach to video and the idea of the web as platform for content
Microblogging Tools for your Newsroom
– Ryan Sholin, blogging on Mediashift, rounds up some microblogging tools that might take your fancy
Journalists are Sense-Makers, not Messengers « Just Another Meme Vector
– More from Mr Trippenbach. This time he muses on the role of journalists in the changing media landscape
Solving the UGC Problem « Just Another Meme Vector
– Phil Trippenbach has some good ideas on how the games world can help us manage communities on websites
You don’t own this corner anymore
– Mindy McAdams’ great post that echoes my feelings about the ‘copy them’ rather than innovate culture
Microsoft Puts Weight Behind Open Source Projects With Web Platform Installer
– This could be the way I have been looking for to play with Django 🙂
– Looks like an interesting mac based screen recorder
What’s Next After Web 2.0 – ReadWriteWeb
– Keep this away from execs in media companies but for the less reactionary it’s an interesting read.
Trinity Mirror’s Sly Bailey wades into row over BBC local video plans
– Regional press contiinue to fail to see the opportunity here. Decide to concentrate instead on BBC bashing.”
Free tips for successful newsrooms
[Tweet](https://twitter.com/share)The [journalism carnival](http://carnivalofjournalism.com/) is back in town and, as has become the tradition, the ringmaster suggests a topic....
18 October 2008
carnival of journalism
links for 2008-10-23
[Tweet](https://twitter.com/share)- [The Online Community Cookbook](http://www.naa.org/Resources/Articles/Digital-Media-Cookbook/Digital-Media-Cookbook.aspx)I'd forgotten about this but a quick...
23 October 2008
Never miss a
, get updates in your inbox.
"Mediumish" Theme by