- [Yeah, but what does it mean for journalism? A visual rhetoric guide » Nieman Journalism Lab](http://www.niemanlab.org/2010/09/yeah-but-what-does-it-mean-for-journalism-a-visual-rhetoric-guide/) – “A new gadget appears, or a dra
[get your ex back](http://killingthebuddha.com/ "get your ex back")>
how to get your ex back. how to get back at your ex [how to text ex girlfriend back](http://www.cacdc.org/ "How To Get You Ex Boyfriend Back") How To Win Back Your Ex Girlfriend Quicklywhat not to text to get an ex back
atic development takes place on the world stage, and the cry goes up: But what does it mean for journalism?” C.W. Anderson uses wordle to get a handle on the gadgets and answers to that question over the last few years.
- [MediaShift Idea Lab . 5 Mistakes That Make Local Blogs Fail | PBS](http://www.pbs.org/idealab/2010/09/5-mistakes-that-make-local-blogs-fail259.html) – So you’re thinking about starting a local blog. Maybe you’re a reporter tired of office politics and lowest-common-denominator assignments. Maybe you’re a neighborhood gadfly who wants to create a new place for locals to gather. Maybe you’re a realtor who wants to generate new leads. Either way, your local blog, like most new things, will probably fail.
- [Check-ins with a purpose: Ushahidi speaks at Hacks/Hackers | Hacks/Hackers](http://hackshackers.com/2010/09/17/check-ins-with-a-purpose-ushahidi-speaks-at-hackshackers/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Hackshackers+%28hackshackers%29) – Interesting article for two reasons. The subject matter – Ushahidi – and the way Burt uses ‘curated’ tweets to report on the even. Maybe Amy should have had a by-line…
- [The Rise Of Social Media And Its Impact On Mainstream Journalism](http://www.slideshare.net/twofourseven/the-rise-of-social-media-and-its-impact-on-mainstream-journalism-3272926?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter) – A very interesting paper for the Reuters Institute by Nick Newman. Fascinating stuff
- [Price is right for junior journalists – Variety](http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118024322.html?categoryid=4076&cs=1&nid=2562&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+variety%2Fheadlines+%28Variety+-+Latest+News%29) – Variety reports on how ABC News have found working with J-schools are rewarding experience. In all senses of the word
- [Student media tip #6: symbols](http://henrycp.com/2010/09/student-media-tip-6-symbols/) – More tips and free inDesign stuff from Henry Clarke Price. This time some free symbols for visualizing stats
- [A First – Not Very Successful – Look at Using Ordnance Survey OpenLayers… « OUseful.Info, the blog…](http://blog.ouseful.info/2010/09/17/a-first-not-very-successful-look-at-using-ordnance-survey-openlayers/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+onlinejournalismblog+%28Online+Journalism+Blog%29) – “What’s the easiest way of creating a thematic map, that shows regions coloured according to some sort of measure?” Tony shows you how.
- [Free Avid Media Composer Tutorials](http://www.geniusdv.com/news_and_tutorials/2010/09/free_avid_media_composer_tutorials.php) – More free tutorials from genius DV. This time it’s Avid’s turn
- [The Multimedia Radio Newsroom, Part One – MVM Consulting](http://www.mikemarcotte.com/multimedia-radio-news-1.html) – Michael Marcotte was asked to do “a two-hour “how to” on multimedia storytelling for public radio news managers.” Here’s what he came up with
[Tweet](https://twitter.com/share)- [Online law survey: Mixed feelings about resources | media law & ethics](http://meejalaw.com/2010/09/17/online-law-survey-mixed-feelings-about-resources-27-respondents-encountered-legal-trouble-in-last-two-years/) – A cracking, very...